top of page
Call for Appointment to register:
This preparation course is designed to help prepare adult immigrants at the low beginning ESL level to successfully complete the naturalization process. This preparation includes developing English language skills and civics content knowledge, and learning about the Form N-400 and the naturalization interview.
Preparation Class for the U.S. Citizenship Test
The course will follow a sheltered instruction approach in which civics lessons from the USCIS Citizenship Resource Center provide the outline for the scope and sequence. ESL and naturalization instruction are woven throughout the lessons and activities in the course. Students will build knowledge and skills through scaffolded instructional activities and they can expect to be speaking, reading, and writing in English in every class
As for the test, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, or USCIS, creates and administers the exam. It has two parts:
1. A Language section where applicants have to read, speak, and write in English.
2. A Civics portion with 100 possible questions.
Applicants are asked 10 of them and must get six right.
• The course starts January 10th) and ends on (December 10th).
• There are 10 monoths of instruction. • The course will meet on Tuesdays from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
• The course is structured around the USCIS low beginner lesson plans on the Citizenship Resource Center website.
• Time will be devoted in each class to addressing the language and requirements of one part of the Form N-400.
• The course will consist of three units organized thematically based on the civics content of the naturalization test.
• A unit test will be administered at the end of each unit that will assess students’ English language skills and understanding of the civics content.
• The course includes a comprehensive final exam on the last day of class.
Please support our Literacy Partners
Describe your image
Describe your image
Debes Creer en Ti
Believe in Yourself, Inc.
bottom of page